USA Triathlon officials released the dates and locations for the 2021 USA Triathlon National Championships for thirteen different multisport races. The competitions offer elite, age group, junior, youth, para athletes, and women athletes to vie for championship titles and personal bests. Most races do not require qualification to participate.
Coming soon are the dates and locations for the 2021 USA Triathlon Regional and State Championships.
Schedule: 2021 USA Triathlon National Championships
- Jan. 16: Winter Triathlon National Championships (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Run, fat bike, ski
- April 9: Draft-Legal World Qualifier (Tempe, Ariz.)
- This is a non-championship event
- April 9-10: Collegiate Club National Championships (Tempe, Ariz.)
- May 15: Off-Road Triathlon National Championships (Hewitt, N.J.)
- Swim, mountain bike, trail run
- May 22-23: Duathlon National Championships (Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
- Run, bike, run
- June 27: Clydesdale & Athena National Championships (Chattanooga, Tenn.)
- July 16-18: Legacy Triathlon (Long Beach, Calif.)
- to include Toyota USA Paratriathlon National Championships and Aquathlon National Championships
- Aquathlon is a swim-run race
- July 31-Aug. 1: Youth & Junior Nationals (West Chester, Ohio)
- Aug. 7-8: Toyota USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships (Milwaukee, Wis.)
- to include Sprint National Championships and Olympic-Distance National Championships
- Oct. 23: Ultra-Distance National Championships (Clermont, Fla.)
- Same distance as Ironman(TM) races: 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike, 26.2-mile run
- Sept. 25-26: Long Course National Championships (Stony Point, N.Y.)
- to include Long Course Triathlon National Championships, Long Course Duathlon National Championships, Long Course Aquabike National Championships and Standard-Distance Aquabike National Championships
- Duathlon is run-bike-run and aquabike is swim-bike
- Nov. (Date TBA): Age Group Draft-Legal Triathlon National Championships (Tempe, Ariz.)
- Nov. (Date TBA): Women’s Collegiate Triathlon National Championships (Tempe, Ariz.)
At several National Championships in the 2021 season, amateur athletes will race for national titles and the chance to represent Team USA at the 2022 World Triathlon Age Group Championships for their respective disciplines. For more information about Team USA qualification, visit usatriathlon.org/teamusa.
USA Triathlon Long Course National Championships is the new name for the former USA Triathlon Multisport National Championships Festival, and will be part of the Toughman Triathlon.
The Age Group Draft-Legal World Qualifier will take place alongside Collegiate Club Nationals. This sprint-distance triathlon will qualify top athletes in each age group for the draft-legal 2021 World Triathlon Age Group Sprint Championships in October in Bermuda (exact dates TBD).
A multi-tiered pricing system will be in effect for the 2021 USA Triathlon Age Group, Duathlon and Youth & Junior Nationals. Once each tier fills to capacity (dependent on total race inventory), pricing will automatically increase to the next tier. Pricing tiers for each event can be found on the event’s respective registration page.
Registration will open in the coming weeks for these USA Triathlon-owned championships:
- USA Triathlon Duathlon National Championships
- USA Triathlon Youth & Junior National Championships
- Toyota USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships
- Legacy Triathlon
Registration for USA Triathlon Collegiate Club National Championships opens in January (date TBA).
For more information, go to USATriathlon.org/nationalchampionships.
Source: USA Triathlon e-press release dated Monday, November 9, 2021.