News of the cancellation of the 2020 IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 World Championships is still causing anger, disappointment, and frustration among triathletes around the world. Though they may choose to race in their respective events in either 2021 or 2022, there’s a heightened sense of loss — for the time spent in months and years training, and their chance to experience long cherished dreams. The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic clouds a once-expected future.
However, a number of championships and other races are on IRONMAN’s event schedule. Most notably is the IRONMAN North American Championship St. George (Utah). Triathletes will swim 2.4 miles at Sand Hollow Reserve, bike 112 miles on a hilly course with red mesa views, and run 26.2 miles before crossing the finish line in downtown St. George. This race was rescheduled from May 2 to Saturday, Sept. 19.
Check IRONMAN.com/updates for the latest news and status of IRONMAN races in the U.S. and globally.
UPCOMING NORTH AMERICAN IRONMAN & IRONMAN 70.3 RACES
Two full triathlon distance races and eight 70.3 distance races in the U.S., Canada and Mexico are quickly coming up in September:
- Sept. 5 – IRONMAN 70.3 Calgary, AB
- Sept. 6 – IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur d’Alene, ID
- Sept. 13 – IRONMAN 70.3 Atlantic City, NJ
- Sept. 19 – IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman, Cambridge, MD
- Sept. 19 – IRONMAN Maryland, Cambridge, MD
- Sept. 19 – IRONMAN North American Championship St. George, UT
- Sept. 20 – IRONMAN 70.3 Monterrey, Mexico
- Sept. 20 – IRONMAN 70.3 Superfrog, Imperial Beach, CA
- Sept. 27 – IRONMAN 70.3 Augusta, GA
- Sept. 27 – IRONMAN 70.3 Cozumel, Mexico
Visit IRONMAN.com for information about the above races and more.