Wisconsin Senior Olympics organizers continue to work with state officials and the National Senior Games ahead of their scheduled 2020 multisport competition for athletes age 50 or better. The following is an excerpt from an email dated May 25, 2020:
“…While none of us have any answers on what the future holds, I can tell you that the WSO Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and Games Committee have been busy discussing the 2020 games season. In addition, we have been in communication with the NSGA [National Senior Games Association] and states within the Great Lakes Region. We have had several conference calls to discuss and share our state’s current health status, game strategies and best practices.
We have been exploring all options to ensure we provide you with the quality events you have come to expect, with the health and safety of our athletes, volunteers and community at the forefront.
I would like to share a few things with you regarding the 2020 Games: any of the following are subject to change.
- Registration Opening: July 1st
- Registration fee: $35 for Wisconsin & out-of-state Athletes
- Dartball: new event added to the schedule
- Softball: no additional fee
- Bowling: three sign-up options – 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 6 p.m.
- Cornhole (Bags): a non-qualifying event for the 2021 NSGA events
- Horseshoes: no longer an NSGA event, still played at the WSO level
- Pickleball: scheduled in a new location
- Racquetball: includes mixed doubles
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 414-755-1025.
Also, please share with us how you are starting to train for the 2020 WSO Games. Email us pictures of you training and staying strong and we will post them on our Facebook page. Email photos to: email@example.com or post directly on our Facebook page: @wiseniorolympics.”
Visit WisconsinSeniorOlympics.com for more information.